Here’s are five simple ways that you can participate and help Feed Spokane.
- Freeze & Donate Your Overage
- Prepare & Donate A Regular Entrée
- Donate Surplus Equipment or Other Resources
- Sponsor A Feed Spokane Fund Raiser
- Support Feed Spokane Financially
Choose the one that’s best for you and we’ll work with you to make it happen!
Our goal is to not only feed the hungry, but to feed them good, nutritious and safe food (like the kind served in your restaurant!). The Spokane Regional Health District (SRHD) has supported this program from its inception. Spokane County’s former chief health officer, Dr. Kim Marie Thorburn, is quoted in our literature as saying, “We are an enthusiastic partner in this important program that is creating a healthier community by reducing hunger and waste.” We are committed to assuring that donated food is safe and practical for everyone.
It’s The Right Thing To Do
Everyone we have worked with has made the same observation, namely, this is “just the right thing to do” to eliminate both hunger and waste. And there are other benefits to you and your staff:
- Proudly Give Back To Your Local Community
- Elevate The Quantity And Quality Of Food Served
- Create Opportunities For Community Service
- Boost The Morale of your staff as they participate in a shared vision of eliminating hunger in our community.